Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Love, Redefined

I'm pretty sure I figured out how you know you're in love. You find a whopping FOUR ticks on your legs, and your significant other spends an hour going over your entire body with tweezers and rubbing alcohol to help you pry those blood suckers off of you.

Yeah, my two week summer camp that I just finished with, paid me not only in cash, but with a death cough, and a variety of new friends that have been mooching off of my blood. Yesterday, when I found the three ticks on my legs I wasn't all that surprised, we spent several hours a day wandering through the woods. Then I found the fourth one after we got back from the pub. Gui Gui graciously laid me down on the couch and pulled that bastard out. Fearing the worst, he combed through all of my hair (not finding anything, fortunately) and stripped his sheets when I admitted that one may or may not have escaped before I could off it.

I'm sure there's some ancient proverb that equates love with mite removal, I'll let you know when I find it.

1 comment:

  1. Robine! Having just spilled half my cup of tea over my l'ordinateur due to laughing whilst reading this blog - I'd like to thank you for making me giggle :) You should think about putting a 'WARNING! THIS CONTAINS OUTRAGEOUS HUMOUR' caution somewhere to avoid me suing you in good old fashioned American style! :) ... Love from the English Girl.

    ReplyDelete